Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why Sonic Is Evil

As someone who watches a good amount of TV, I happen to see a lot of commercials. This isn’t usually by choice since I am quick with the remote as soon as the show or game I’m watching heads for a break. One commercial I’ve seen over and over again is for the fast food chain Sonic. These commercials annoy me to no end. First of all there are always two people, usually the same two guys, in a car making inane jokes that are tangentially related to a Sonic menu item. Like these 30 seconds of mild annoyance for example.


As bothersome as the banter is between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, it pales in comparison to the unreasonable rage that comes over me when I notice the guy in the passenger seat is wearing a seat belt that is not attached to the seat. Last time I checked, when someone wore a sash like that they were either vying for Miss America or helping people cross the street, not pitching hamburgers made of meat that probably costs less than the paper they’re wrapped in.


Your honor, Exhibit A:



What are you promoting Sonic, wallet-friendly meals on the go or blatant disregard for America’s traffic safety? Plus a location closer than 35 miles to the DC-metro area wouldn’t kill you. It’s bad enough we have to tolerate these idiotic commercials, the least you could do is give us the opportunity to kill ourselves slowly with chili cheese fries and cherry limeade at a reasonable distance from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...